A collection of clips of FairTest staff and allies speaking on testing issues:
See the short video FairTest: You Can't Judge Learning with a Standardized Test available on YouTube. Thanks to Marco Greenberg, Eric Sagotsky and Tracey Leffler for assisting FairTest staff in creating this video.
- Tufts University student James Gerber's video on how Massachusetts' MCAS
standardized history test will undermine Boston Arts Academy's in-depth and multifaceted approach to teaching art and history.
It is in two parts, part I http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Mh5GonqJoQ and part II http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVI6BfBZGPg&NR=1
A humorous and gentle 2-minute video and song from Tom Chapin, Not on the Test illustrates all the things not done in school because they are... http://www.notonthetest.com/
People offer cogent criticisms of NCLB on this 9-minute video, No Child Left Behind: Truths and Consequences: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSTzLILQx3c&feature=related
Educator Roundtable's 45-second spot highlights the socio-economic gaps that largely underlie the educational achievement gap: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVmPKvhsNVk&eurl=http://www.educatorroundtable.net/frontPage.do.
Watch as FairTest Executive Director Monty Neill discusses NCLB and testing at a Chicago forum, with group conversation;
- Testing Mrs. Grube and A Different Standard
pose the same urgent question from radically different perspectives: is
the national standards movement in education - and its main component,
"high-stakes" standardized testing - negatively impacting public
schools, administrators, teachers and children? Distributed by Ondine
Rarey Productions, www.ondinerareyproductions.com
- Echoes in the Hallway is a student-acted play in response to testing.
Order at www.echoesinthehallway.com
- Go to Coalition for Common Sense in Education Web Site to watch/listen to presentations.
- Positive Insights on Education: Alternatives to Standardized Education, is a half-hour interview with FairTest director Monty Neill, available from Agency for Instructional Technology for $89.00.
- The Merrow Report's Testing... Testing... Testing is an hourlong discussion/debate over testing and its impacts. This tape is a good way to introduce the issues. Among those featured is FairTest's Monty Neill. - Merrow has other videos of interest, including Testing Our Schools.
- K-12 Testing
- University Testing
- Fact Sheets
- Get Involved
- Other Resources